ESP8266 ESP-01S Wi-Fi Serial Module Transceiver Send and Receive
This is the updated version (S-Series) of the ESP-01 - the PCB layout has changed for an improvement in WiFi radio performance and it works the same like ESP-01, including pinout and programming.
ESP8266 is a complete and self-contained Wi-Fi network solution that can carry software applications, or through Another application, processor uninstalls all Wi-Fi networking capabilities.
ESP8266 when the device is mounted and as the only application of the application processor, the flash memory can be started directly from an external Move. Built-in cache memory will help improve system performance and reduce memory requirements.
Another situation is when wireless Internet access assumes the task of Wi-Fi adapter, you can add it to any microcontroller-based design, the connection is simple, just by SPI / SDIO interface or central processor AHB bridge interface.
Processing and storage capacity on the ESP8266 powerful piece, it can be integrated via GPIO ports sensors and other applications specific equipment to achieve the lowest early in the development and operation of at least occupy system resources.
The ESP8266 highly integrated chip, including antenna switch balun, power management converter, so with minimal external circuitry, and includes a front-end module, including the entire solution designed to minimize the space occupied by PCB.
- ￼802.11 b/g/n protocol
- Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz, support WPA/WPA2
- Super small module size (11.5mm x 11.5mm)
- Integrated 10-bit ADC
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack (ipv4 only at the moment)
- Integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network Integrated PLL, regulators, and power management units
- +20dBm output power in 802.11b mode
- Supports antenna diversity
- Deep sleep power <10uA, Power down leakage current < 5uA
- Integrated low power 32-bit MCU
- SDIO 2.0, SPI, UART, I2C
- STBC, 1x1 MIMO, 2x1 MIMO
- A-MPDU & A-MSDU aggregation & 0.4μs guard interval
- Wake up and transmit packets in < 2ms
- Standby power consumption of < 1.0mW (DTIM3)
- Operating temperature range -40C ~ 125C
- Wireless SoC
- Has GPIO, I2C, ADC, SPI, PWM and some more
- Run at 80MHz
- 64KBytes of instruction RAM
- 96KBytes of data RAM
- 64KBytes boot ROM
- Has a Winbond W25Q40BVNIG SPI flash
- It's a RISC architecture
- The core is a 106micro Diamond Standard core (LX3) made by Tensilica
- The ESP8266 chip is made by Espressif
- Modules bearing this chip are made by various manufacturers
- Home Appliances
- Home Automation
- Smart Plugs and Lights
- Mesh Network
- Industrial Wireless Control
- Baby Monitors
- IP Cameras
- Wearable Electronics
- and more.