OMRON IR Break Beam Sensor 3mm LED
These Infrared (IR) break-beam sensors are an easy way to detect motion.
How it works?
The emitter side sends out a beam of human-invisible IR light, then a receiver across the way which is sensitive to that same light. When something passes between the two, then the 'beam is broken' and the receiver will let you know.
Break Beams are faster and allow better control on the things you want to detect motion. This is the 3mm IR version. It works up to 25cm / 10". You can power it from 3.3V or 5V (We Recommended 5V) The receiver is open collector transistor output which means that you do need a pull-up resistor if you want to read a digital signal of the signal wire.
Most microcontrollers have the ability to turn on a built-in pull-up resistor. If you do not, connect a 10K resistor between the white wire of the receiver and the red wire.
- Sensing Distance: Approx 25cm / 10"
- Power Voltage: 3.3 - 5.5V DC
- Emitter Current Draw: 10mA @ 3.3V, 20mA @ 5V
- Output Current Capability of receiver: 100mA sink
- Transmitter/Receiver LED Angle: 10°
- Response Time: <2 ms
- Dimensions: 20mm x 10mm x 8mm / 0.8" x 0.4" x 0.3"
- Cable Length: 234mm / 9.2"
- Manufacturer: OMRON