LM2596 Power Converter Step-Down Buck Voltage Regulator with Voltmeter
LM2596 Power Converter Step-Down (Buck) Voltage Regulator with LED Voltmeter
The LM2596 series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits that provide all the active functions for a step-down (buck) switching regulator, capable of driving a 3A load with excellent line and load regulation.
These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3V, 5V, 12V, and an adjustable output version.
These regulators are simple to use and include internal frequency compensation, and a fixed-frequency oscillator.
The LM2596 series operates at a switching frequency of 150 kHz thus allowing smaller sized filter components than what would be needed with lower frequency switching regulators.
- 3.3V, 5V, 12V, and adjustable output versions
- Adjustable version output voltage range, 1.2V to 37V ±4% max over line and load conditions
- Guaranteed 3A output load current
- Input voltage range up to 40V
- Excellent line and load regulation specifications
- 150 kHz fixed frequency internal oscillator
- TTL shutdown capability
- Low power standby mode, IQ typically 80 µA
- High efficiency
- Uses readily available standard inductors
- Thermal shutdown and current limit protection