TCS3200 Programmable Color Recognition Module Sensor
The TCS3200 programmable color light-to-frequency converter that combine configurable silicon photodiodes and a current-to-frequency converter on a single monolithic CMOS integrated circuit.
The output is a square wave (50% duty cycle) with frequency directly proportional to light intensity (irradiance).
The full-scale output frequency can be scaled by one of three preset values via two control input pins. Digital inputs and digital output allow direct interface to a microcontroller or other logic circuitry. Output enable (OE) places the output in the high-impedance state for multiple-unit sharing of a microcontroller input line.
In the TCS3200, the light-to-frequency converter reads an 8 × 8 array of photodiodes. Sixteen photodiodes have blue filters, 16 photodiodes have green filters, 16 photodiodes have red filters, and 16 photodiodes are clear with no filters.
- High-Resolution Conversion of Light Intensity to Frequency
- Programmable Color and Full-Scale Output Frequency
- Communicates Directly With a Microcontroller
- Single-Supply Operation (2.7 V to 5.5 V)
- Power Down Feature
- Nonlinearity Error Typically 0.2% at 50 kHz
- Stable 200 ppm/°C Temperature Coefficient
- Low-Profile Lead (Pb) Free and RoHS Compliant Surface-Mount Package